Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fit for Life

Fitness isn't always about running or lifting. It's also about living.

Since I wrote last, I have passed my licensing exam and am now aughorized to sell life and health insurance in Kentucky. I made it to the gym a couple of times while I was studying. I actually felt guilty about wanting to workout when there was so much to learn. I actually went for a 3 mile run as a reward one day. My how life has changed!

I have met with some of my new colleagues several times in the past week. I am amazed at how positive and enthusiastic people are. I'm used to a much more subdued attitude at work. I like this new approach better.

I'm also working on a play, The Little Foxes here in Lexington. I made this commitment before getting laid off, so I really wasn't anticipating that I would be learning a new role and a new career at the same time. I'll be asking a lot of my brain and my body. A year ago, I would not have believed I had a chance. The gym and the road have taught me differently.

My blogging hours are necessarily limited these days. I'll try to keep in touch. Right now my biggest struggle is cramming workouts in between all this other stuff. I can't afford to lose my conditioning this fall. I'm playing double-headers for the next two months.

Peace,
Pennsy

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS. All good things here - so happy for you. I love that your run was a reward. Such tangible evidence of change!

    Be sure to let us know when your show is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie!

    Madonna, your faithful friendship is a continuing blessing to me.

    You are in my prayers as your own miracle approaches.

    Peace,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on trucking! Glad you are seeing some positive attitudes. Go team!! Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything continues to go well - I feel like we would have heard if it wasn't! Thinking of you! (And jealous of your ability to pursue fitness - it won't be long until I'll join you again! For now, I am walking a lot with the sole purpose of producing a kiddo. Priorities, you know.)

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to stalk, but...

    Hope all is going well with you! Sending warm thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete