Sunday, April 10, 2022

Crawl Bob, Crawl

 PROLOGUE

Been a long time since I felt like writing. Hell, I havent felt like doing much of anything for a long time, to be honest. Years ago, Run Bob, Run helped me to navigate through some rough seas in my life. I guess I'm hoping writing might do that for me again. At least it will help me to create something besides belly fat.
I caught myself preaching to a friend about grief today and realized that I'm the last person to pretend to have any insight into that old monster. It seems like all I've done for months is to grieve or to bury my grief in empty activity and empty calories. None of that is helping me to heal and my physical and mental health both show signs of fatigue and failure.
In future posts, I'll dig more into all that has happened, is happening, may happen in my world. You may find it engaging. I may find it useful. Or it may turn into an exercise in self-indugence we can both do better without. If all I can do is moan, i'll moan to my cat, Sophie. She's a good listener and isn't afraid to set clear boundaries. I could learn a lot from her. Whatever happens, it feels like a step forward today, and that is a direction in which I long to travel.
Too soon to run. Maybe Crawl Bob, Crawl will be a good working title for a while.
Peace, y'all.
Pennsy

No comments:

Post a Comment