Friday, July 4, 2008

Rebranding the Fat Man: If It Ain't Broke, Break It


I got tired of my old blog layout. I chose it when I started blogging because it looked classy and sophisticated like leather elbow patches. More and more though, I found it restricting and a little pretentious for my current state of mind. I'll leave Pennsyltuckian in the old template for nostalgia's sake, but I want to try this cleaner look for a while.

I've also added some features that Blogger made available. Blog rolls after my own musings will point you toward some of my favorite writers and sites. And I've eliminated some of the toys like the Digg link that only served to clutter up the screen.

I've stuck an Amazon thingee at the bottom. I'll dump it if it bugs me too much.

The biggest change I've made is to the name of the blog. "Fat Man Running" is not nearly as original as I thought when I chose it. Guess I should have done a Google search first. My body is changing, and I'm going to speak a little more respectfully about it.

I think that's all the rearranging of cyber furniture for today. Turning the corner on the first half of a good year feels like an appropriate time for a change. Especially one that's so positive in spirit. We'll see how it works out.

Happy Independence Day, y'all.

Peace,
Pennsy

No comments:

Post a Comment