Wednesday, May 19, 2010

#164: Nixon Gave Me Cancer

Why did this happen?

After I had lived with the idea of having Cancer for a while, I started wondering where it came from. My cell phone? The cigarettes I smoked in my twenties? Flouridated water? The Illuminati?

The truth is, it doesn't make much difference. Explaining doesn't help me much. I'm in the "staying alive" business now.

Turns out that Squamous Cell Carcinoma in the mouth and throat are usually related to smoking, alcohol, dental irritation, and the HPV virus. I really didn't smoke very much or for very long, and I haven't had 10 drinks in the last two years. I do (or did) have severe periodontal disease which can cause systemic infections and heart disease, though I haven't seen anything connecting it to Cancer. I don't chew Skoal or betel nuts. I haven't been tested for HPV, but my "partner" for the last 25 years doesn't have it.

So we're not sure what caused my Cancer.

Until a better explanation comes along, as I do with all unexplained evil, I'm blaming Nixon.

No comments:

Post a Comment