Friday, March 14, 2008

Weak as a Baby


I had a spicy dinner too late the night before and did not sleep well. I also skipped my afternoon snack even though I have a basket of apples in my office. I was ok during the day, but the gym never lies.

I wanted to do a low weight high rep cardio day on the weights, and I ran out of juice fast. Started with cable curls and pushdowns and I never really felt right after that. I had to lower weight to do my second sets on several exercises, and really struggled on the Lat Flies, not one that’s ever been much of a problem for me.

I decided to walk a mile on the treadmill to cool down. I finished, but at the slowest speed I’ve ever walked and I actually had side stitches before I was done. I was afraid I’d given myself a hernia!

At the water fountain, I said something to the lady in front of me, and she said she was feeling the same thing. She blamed it on the time change. I have never noticed that affecting me before, but then I have never asked as much of my body as I am now.

I think that all those things combined - daylight savings time, Hoppin’ John at 9:00 for supper, 5 hours of fitful sleep, careless eating - all that stuff sort of worked together to remind me that fitness is an organic web. Pull out one thread, and the rest of the fabric feels the difference.

I took last night off to try to get my bearings a little, and I’ll hit it tonight for a long night of Cardio. I need to be in the gym this weekend, because there’s more travel coming up next week, this time to Chicago. I’ll almost certainly miss three days, and I want to anticipate that as best I can.

I’m looking forward to this week’s weigh in, though. My pants are pretty clownish these days. I want to get some more, but I kind of don’t want to commit to my current weight. Does that make sense? No, but neither does going to business meetings wearing baggy Charlie Chaplin drawers. I’ll probably pick up a pair or two before my trip.

Peace,
Pennsy

Pennsy's onesy is by Nappy Head
I found the Little Tramp photo on this blog:
The Spark (Pennsy's feet are bigger)

1 comment: