Thursday, February 28, 2008

Good Things Come to Those Who Weigh

381!

Did you ever hear anyone brag, “Hey, check me out. I’m down to 381 lbs!"?

Well get a load of me, baby.

A part of me is tempted to say, “Yeah, well you should never have gotten so fat in the first place.”

And to that little poisoned voice, all I can say is--

Get a load of me, baby. 381. (insert happy butt wiggling dance here)

What’s that you say? Can I keep it off?

Don’t care. Tonight I don’t care a lick.

I have lost 24 lbs in just under five weeks. I did it by saying my prayers, asking for help when I needed it, working hard and eating clean.

Do I still have a long way to go? Oh yeah, you know it. But don’t you just love passing that first mile marker on a long trip? Tonight, mine said - “176 lbs to home.”

And right now, 176 feels an awful lot less than 200 did.

Have a beer for me, my skinny young friends. I’m feasting on Crystal light and chicken salad.

And I’m a tenth of the way home.

Peace,
Pennsy

3 comments: