Wednesday, August 4, 2010

#244: Technological Wonders

A new technological wonder was introduced to me today. In the next few days, the docs are going to install an "IVC filter" into my veins. This gizmo is actually a little wire basket or umbrella that catches blood clots before they get to my lungs or heart. It seems to work a little like the fuel filter in your lawn mower.

Had a good meeting with the oncologist today. She is full of encouragement, a valuable commodity. The oxygen tank should be gone soon and so should the daily injections. My acting career is still a mouthful of teeth away, but I may be  chasing Mrs P around the house again in the next few weeks. That is even more enticing.

I had a bad day yesterday. Nausea, dizziness, I over did it. Mrs P and Mum and I went to a support group for head and neck cancer fighters and their families. I really haven't digested all that happened there because I started getting sick about halfway through. I think that my air tank ran out and I didn't realize it. That isn't something I have la lot of practice recognizing. We made it home before the sick began, but just barely made it.

Today was more quiet. Meals, meds, sleep. That's my routine, at least until my breathing is back in shape. Then I start training to resume life among the moving.

Peace,
Pennsy

No comments:

Post a Comment