Friday, August 6, 2010

#245: Dinnertime for a Schmuck

It's been a rough couple of days. The daily trips to the hospital for shots are really taking it out of me, more than radiation did, as I remember. I don't know why this should be. There's more stress with all the insurance company BS going on. On the other hand, people have been so generous with help, it's hard to feel too sorry for myself on that front.

Mostly I'm just tired. I told Mrs P that I felt "flu-ish" today. You know that kind of tired just before you get the flu? That's sort of what I've got. I'm also coughing pretty violently. I think my throat is starting to slough off some of the stuff that's crusted on in there. That's good news, but not so much fun to go through.

Yesterday was our 21st Wedding Anniversary. Mrs P took me to the movies to see Dinner for Schmucks. We laughed our heads off. The picture is silly and fun, just what we needed this summer. I took my oxygen tank and she enjoyed some popcorn. It was a lovely night, even if I did wind up sick when we got home. I'm not sure if it was from the late hour or the exertion of laughing so hard for so long. In any case, I'm glad we went.

Mum just came in and told me that it's time for my supper. It feels a little like feeding time at the zoo. I need to go get nutrition pumped into me now. More news tomorrow.

Peace,
Pennsy

No comments:

Post a Comment