Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Aches and Pains

I turned into the grumpy old fat man today but can't remember why. Someone slipped me a roofie and beat my legs with pipes at lunch time. The knees were stiff and the right ankle had a strange tightness in the Achilles' tendon. I had planned to just work upper body today, with light jogging after.

A whole day of work didn’t seem to achieve anything. The upside of all that frustration is that I usually set new personal bests on the weights, today I improved my curls, flies, and shoulder press.

I stretched after lifting and hit the treadmill- walked/ran quarter-mile intervals for two miles. The ankle felt gradually better as I warmed up -- It actually felt easier to run than to walk . When I was done though, I could tell that I had been favoring my right leg. My left knee is hurting, my mysterious right ankle hurts, my old right knee thing is better, but just wanted to join in to be sociable. a sauna and a shower made my head feel better, but not my creaking joints.

Much as I hate to, I am going to back off the running for a while. Walking and the elliptical are going to have to be my cardio workouts until I lose some serious pounds.

I sure feel good from the waist up, but man I could use a soak in a jacuzzi.

Peace,
b

2 comments:

  1. You're being very smart about this whole thing. Not many people (sorry, but especially men) listen to their bodies the way that you listen to yours. It's a gift that will serve you well and for a long time.

    Love the demotivator, by the way.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from a person whose body is speaking so stridently these days, I take that as a high compliment.

    We all have our little monsters to tame, don't we?

    Pax,
    Pennsy

    ReplyDelete