Monday, April 7, 2008

Fat Man Running by the Numbers

Today, was a good day for me. While Charlie was running under the cherry blossoms in D.C., I was on the treadmill doing a run/walk of 4 miles in 55:56. I actually ran more than I walked - three quarters of a mile at a clip a couple of times. Very slowly, 4.5 mph, but picking them up and putting them down. So, a little math. at this pace (13.9 mph) I could complete a 5K in just under 45 minutes.

On the other hand, if I could actually jog the whole way at 4.5 (the running speed I did today) I could finish in just under 43 minutes. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable goal - to run an entire 5K race by June. I think I can do it.

The 10K in July may be a different story...

Oh, and the weigh in was not great, but I did not experience the dreaded backslide. Lost one pound this week (probably during today’s run!) I’m at 369 and counting to my next milepost, 90% of my original body weight will have dripped onto the treadmill belt in just 5 more pounds. What a day that will be.

I’ll probably celebrate with a Mint Oreo Blizzard.

Peace,
Pennsy

No comments:

Post a Comment