Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Forget to Rest at Your Peril, Fat Man

Time for a break.

After last night’s breakthrough I decided to take a break tonight.

Today, I forgot.

I was a mess at the gym. Started strong with 9 minutes on the stair climber and 3 sets of ball squats and shoulder presses, both with 25 lb dumbells. But when I started the bands, my shoulders just ran out of gas. I had several false starts on different routines, but when I could not complete any of the first four, I decided to take a pass and make it a cardio night.

That is until I had to quit after 10 minutes on the elliptical.

It’s a good time for a rest.

Hey, check out the link to the Step Out! walk to fight diabetes. I won’t ask you to read ads, but I do hope I can ask you to support my exercise habit from time to time.

You can pledge right online. Just go to my page on the ADA website. The thermometer will keep you updated on how we’re coming on our goal.

Diabetes is keeping an awful lot of fat men and women from running. It has its fingers on the Pennsy family and it probably has them in yours too. Let’s help out together, huh?

Peace,
Pennsy

2 comments:

  1. Hey what's going on?...I'm glad I ran into your page. Keep up the good work.

    I saw a show on PBS that might motivate you even further. They took a bunch of people who lived a sedentary lifestyle and trained them for the Boston marathon.

    The PBS Site for the show.

    The Youtube clips of the show

    I think the best way to lose weight is to lower your calories. If you eat a lot of fiber, you can starve your body of calories without feeling hungry. Spinach and Beans are good sources of fiber.

    Good luck
    Rohan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rohan,
    Thanks for your insights and for the tip. I'll look up that show. Right now my dreams are of 5K's, not marathons, but who knows what the future may bring.
    Peace,]
    Pennsy

    ReplyDelete