Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One Door Closes...

The recession has come to Pennsyltucky. Pennsy got layed off yesterday. (I also had a really good run in the morning, but frankly, the day's events kind of overshadowed my best time ever in the mile.)

I had a good job, making great money, working for super people. But the truth is, it never really touched my heart. I gave it everything I could... everything but my passion.

The boss was sad to let me go. We like one another, I think. But I was an expensive middle manager. Cutting me loose will probably save the jobs of a couple of guys who might have a harder time than I will getting a new gig.

I'm sad too, of course. But there's a part of me that is hopful. I wonder if God has a place for me where I can feel that fire again. Who knows... maybe even picking up towels in a gym someplace.

I'm taking the opportunity to create my own future. There is a dream inside me. I haven't found the words to wrap around it yet, but maybe some time running and lifting will help me find them.

"In my Father's house, there are many rooms." Time for me to jog down the hall and peek through some new doors.

Peace,
Pennsy

2 comments:

  1. Pennsy, I'm sorry to hear about this (congrats on the great time, though!) but you have such great faith and perspective, I know you will find the good in this situation. I am a big believer in the "everything happens for a reason" mantra, and am confident that you will come out in a better place than you were before because of this opportunity.

    You and Mrs. P are in my thoughts. Love you both and, as always, cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete