Thursday, September 2, 2010

#256: No Giving Up

OK, first some good news. It's been a day and a half since I last used the feeding tube. I'm finally able to stand the taste of my protein shakes. I may lose some weight, but at least I'll be ready when it comes time to pull it out. The rules are that I have to be off the tube for two weeks, have to maintain my weight, and have to be healthy enough that further treatment is not likely. The last part is out of my hands, but I can at least put the PEG tube behind me. I feel a lot less like an infant when I don't have to ask to be fed, which is a bonus.

It's a little bit of an exaggeration to say I can stand the taste of these shakes. The truth is that most everything still tastes terrible. I've just decided that it doesn't matter what stuff tastes like. I have to learn to eat again. All I can do is hope my taste is back to normal before I try my first slice of pizza.

Now the girls are going to take me for a ride. I have given them every reason to write me off over the past few days, but neither of them has the courtesy to give up on me. Good to have people around who don't get sick of trying.

Peace,

Pennsy   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bob, those protein shakes can be given a lot of flavor...maybe your banded friend aka me...should come over and show you how it is done...been doing PS for over a year now since getting LapBand surgery....well not totally shakes I just replace one or two meals a day depending on my calorie intake. Hugs my friend it will get better.

    ReplyDelete