Monday, October 19, 2009

#157: Undefeated


















Exercise
Sets
Reps
Wt
Dead Lift
3
7
135
Bench Press
3
7
135
Lat Pulldown

3
7
140
Woodchoppers

3
7
90


Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Today I returned to one of my favorite places in the world. I didn't lift too heavy or too long, but I pulled on the gloves, loaded up the bar, and moved me some iron. I tried to run after lifting, but could only do about 10 minutes on the treadmill and about 3 on the elliptical. No real cardio benefit, I'm betting. I might have gone harder, but I didn't want to injure anything. I feel really good now that it's done. Came home and had some beans and rice. Tomorrow I'm going to run by my supplement regimen past the Docs to make sure my vitamins and fish oil won't interact with my meds. Meantime. Here's something that's occurred to me.

When you find yourself in the biggest mess of your life and you ask, "How did I wind up here?" take a minute. Think. You didn't wind up here. "Here" is just a step on the way to the next place, and the next. If you never give up, you'll never be defeated.

Peace,
Pennsy

1 comment: