Friday, July 23, 2010

#233: So Far So Good

I made it through the night. Mission accomplished. I owe it all to the drugs. This morning I awoke to the sound of my new roommate being being bathed. I've never been so grateful for a curtain. He and his wife bicker constantly. This is not only very annoying, it is also terrifically funny because she sounds like Ma Kettle and he sounds like Billy Bob Thornton from Slingblade. Um Hmm.

He has something very wrong, someplace very personal. Think you already know too much? Imagine how I feel about them taters...

I suppose I shouldn't say this, but I think Billybob has a crush on Mrs Swan. Ma was out of the room and  I may have imagned it, but it seemed to me that he started converting his "r"s to "l"s the more they talked about his infected pelsonar paahlts.

It is a beautiful sunny morning and Slingblade is snoring peacefully now. The heat promises to be deadly today. I would love to go home. but I wonder if I could travel underground or something. Nobody has said the word "discharge" with any promise yet, but I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Typing is a bit of a chore because I have this SpO2 sensor thing taped to my index finger. Hanging out in the hospital is one of the most tiresome things in the world. At least when I visit someone, I get to go home eventually. Having to stay takes all the fun out of it. Gonna cut short now, maybe post more after the neighbors have provided better material.

Peace,
pennsy

2 comments:

  1. Holy Crap....I have no other eloquent thing to say....other than u are massively loved. You are wearing an Sp02 sensor and I'm getting ready to decorate cupcakes. You are in the bubble of the hospital and we are welcoming family for a party. You are fighting and life is sailing on...and I am struck with how it all seems so unfair. But know that all of this OUT HERE is waiting for you....EAGERLY. So kick this crap's butt. We need you.
    Laurie Genet Preston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Genet,

    Don't fret over fairness. Pray for mercy. You just look after those beautiful babies and I'll be joining you soon... Love, b

    ReplyDelete