Friday, July 30, 2010

#238: Gifts

Yesterday was eventful. A friend brought me a DVD of greetings from the cast of RENT. I'll treasure it always

An old friend sent me an iPad for my birthday. I'm using it now, trying to get used to the keyboard.

And of course, what day is complete without a battle with an insurance company? Here's the gist of the conversation... "Is this prescription covered?" "Yes. The insurer will cover four thousand dollars a month." "What's the copayment?" "$2150"
 
We have returned to the negotiating table.

I was really upset and depressed by this conversation. Fighting cancer was easy. Cancer fights fair. Insurance companies come at you from all directions at once and they don't care if you live or die. Cancer is honest about trying to kill you, at least.

Today is a quieter day. Mrs P's brother has had his last chemotherapy treatment and is having the port removed today. Looks like we're all surviving this part of the battle.

I got a wonderful letter from my Aunt today. She writes just like she talks. A note from her is almost like a visit. Just news and good wishes. Who could ask for more?

Mrs P just got out of the shower. She smells good. Soon it will be time to take me in for my blood thinner injections. As long as the hospital is willing to give them to me as an out patient, I can afford to fight it out with Blue Cross. Of course, Mrs P is likely to keep smelling good no matter what the insurance company does. 

2 comments:

  1. I always did think Martha smelled purty. Sorry about the insurance battles. You have a good team of people working for you- I'm sure if there's a way to get it fairly, they'll manage to find it. Sucks that it has to be such a pain to do though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG BIG BIG LOVE from the cast of RENT <3

    ReplyDelete