Wednesday, February 13, 2008

All About the Cardio


Today was the first time I used the workout Jordan suggested - lower weights, higher reps, shorter breaks -- for the next two weeks, I’m all about the cardio.

I went through my sets as fast as I could do them without short changing my form. Getting hurt is the last thing I want right now.

The weights went fine. I was concerned that the lighter weight wouldn’t give me the same workoiut, but by the 40th rep, I was feeling it, especially on the chest press and the triceps pull-downs.

Two miles on the treadmill felt like, well, like two miles. The resistance workout had my heart rate up in the 140's when I hit the treadmill. My walking seems to be pretty consistently taking it to 156. I was not exhausted when my miles were finished, but I was ready to stop. I was a little shaky after I finished the programmed cool down, so I put in another couple of minutes till my head and heart stabilized.

After a nice long stretch, I soaked in the shower, then dressed. All in all, it was a pretty routine workout. Which is cool. Because three weeks ago, I could not have done any of it.

Peace,
Pennsy

=====
I found the creepy heart graphic here.

1 comment: