Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weight! Weight? Wait...


Man, but I hate this machine.

This was a long strength day. I wanted to see if I could match the weight I had lifted on Thursday when I wasn’t mad at anything. Turns out that I could. I switched to shorter sets, 12 reps instead of 15, and diid three reps on each machine.

I almost made it.

The weights were going well, gradually kicking my butt, the way they ought to. I started to feel unusually fatigued which I chalked up to the extra sets and the high weight. Before the last machine, cable curls and triceps pulldowns, I hsd to stop and take a break. I got through them, but it was a struggle. Then I got to the last exercise, shoulder presses and ball squats. I alternate sets on these two exercises since they are completely different muscle systems and I can keep my cardio up by shortening breaks between sets. My arms were wasted, and the rest of me was not far behind. I completed two sets of each, then I just had to put my toys away.

I could barely walk through my cool-down. Mrs P helped me to stretch out after and that felt good. My legs are really tight from years of sitting.

I’m not sure why this day took such a toll on me. Mrs P suggested that it may have been the fact that I skipped my my daily medications in the morning. She may be right. Every little thing seems to affect my performance, and skipping my meds is no little thing.

The weigh in was both discouraging and mystifying. My weight has not changed a notch since last week! WTF? I was/am pretty disappointed. I don’t understand. I expected to hit a plateau, but not this soon.

I’ll ask Jordan about it next time I see him.

It’s a drag to be working so hard and left waiting for the pounds to fall. Maybe I should do more cardio and less resistance training? Research will just confuse me. I’ll ask the trainer.

Peace,
b

No comments:

Post a Comment