Thursday, February 7, 2008

Blowing Off Steam

(Careful, tonight's movie is really loud...)



I went to the gym MAD today. I used to drive home after “one of those days” and think, “this would be a great day to just go to a gym and blow off steam.”

Turns out I was right.

Mrs P had had a helluva day and called to say she was going out with a friend after work. I was kind of relieved because when she has a hard day and I have a hard day we tend to collide like planets.

Going to the gym is better. Iron doesn’t mind if you take out your rage on it. So I did.

I hit the inclined press first. First I did a set at the weight I’d failed to complete on Tuesday on the chest press, then added another ten and knocked out two more sets.

I went through my whole circuit that way. One set at my previous personal best, then two sets ten pounds heavier. I was huffing and puffing and banging plates and grunting and by the time I made it to the shower, my emotions had cooled down and I was ready to talk with my wife about our days.

Which we did.

Without hurt feelings.

Which was nice.

I’m still not lifting the kind of pounds you can brag about, but I keep adding to them. As I get lighter, my workouts can get heavier.

I just have a little of my Maker’s Mark and spring water to finish and then off to bed.

It’s good to be Pennsy today.

Peace,
P

No comments:

Post a Comment