Sunday, February 3, 2008

Four miles and a weigh in.

This was a long walk day. Four miles on the treadmill. My heart rate reached 155 and stayed there. The feet felt great. New socks may have been the best investment I’ve made since I started. No more tube socks for me.

I was a little disappointed by my weigh-in. 390 lbs. Only lost three pounds since last week.

Funny, but my first thought is always to doubt the scale. That’s one I definitely need to get over. Missing a workout with a cold this week didn’t help. I also could have eater better. I may have to start logging meals too, but I really don’t care to bore myself or anyone else with diet minutiae.

The small change in my weight was discouraging (especially after a four mile walk). Then I thought, "This is just an obstacle." It’s resistance. I want to run five miles, but for now, I walk four. I want to lose 200 lbs., but for now, I’m down 15. I'll work through out the same way I worked up to 4.5 mph on the treadmill -- one step at a time.

I am working hard to get where I’m going. I won’t get there in a hurry, but I’ll by-God get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment