Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fat Tuesday

But no pancakes for Pennsy this year.

Lent has been on my mind a lot this week. I can not believe it is here already. I’ll write about it over on Pennsyltuckian. Don’t get creeped out, but Lent is my favorite season of the church year. I’ll talk about that more tomorrow.

Tonight felt really good, in spite of a couple setbacks.

Mostly it was trouble with the Chest Press. The machine looks a little like this photo, only Pennsy is taller. I find this really difficult, even with light weight. This machine kicked my butt tonight. I couldn’t finish my first set of 15 - only got to 10. I lowered the weight and tried another set, but by then, my muscles were so fried I could only do two sets of 5.

Maybe on Thursday I’ll start out at the lower weight, huh?

On the other hand, I added a set of the very funny ball squats. I figure since my weight is going down, I’ll have to do more reps to keep up the intensity.

I kept moving through the weights, and my cardio was in the mid 130’s by the time I hit the treadmill.

Only walked one mile, but at 4.2 MPH and a 2º incline.

One way or another, I have to keep increasing the intensity on the cardio. I can’t walk much faster than 4.5 without breaking into a trot, and I’m going to be more Draft Horse than Trotter for some time to come. Tomorrow is a long cardio day. I think I’ll set an easy pace and try to put in four miles at that same incline. It felt pretty comfortable tonight.

I felt some twinges tonight. A little lower back, a little knee, all the old favorites. I went into the group room and had a nice long stretch which helped. Hot showers and baby aspirins --I won’t be giving up either of those for Lent.

Peace,
Pennsy

No comments:

Post a Comment